Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests

GOD EXISTS

For anyone who might want to have a side conversation...you're welcome here!
Re: GOD EXISTS
Post by cthia   » Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:35 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

HB of CJ wrote:Because perhaps (maybe) God simply does not enter into the focus and meaning of life. Life is a free standing known not requiring any God or Gods? We are here. We exist. Why can't that happen without God? It can happen without God because ... here we are. Life does not require that it makes "any sense". Respectfully. HB of CJ (old coot)

And there you shall be.

There being free will.

How can one doubt Heaven or Hell when each is found in abundance on Earth?

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by Spacekiwi   » Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:40 am

Spacekiwi
Admiral

The meaning of life is simply this: to exist, to expand, procreate, and to survive. That, is the most basic form of the meaning of life: life exists to further itself, and to attempt to spread an organisms genetics. No god necessary.

Yes, you can expand on it and make it more philosophical, but at the most base level, life is only life because it attempts to spread itself.

cthia wrote:If God does not Exist
Then "What is the meaning of life" —>
:unanswerable :pointless :meaningless :null :void
`

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
its not paranoia if its justified... :D
Post by cthia   » Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:42 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

I have no data points to confirm, but it is said that every man when he is at his lowest most desperate place on Earth he will always say "God help me."

Because the knowledge of God is innate.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by cthia   » Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:53 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Spacekiwi wrote:The meaning of life is simply this: to exist, to expand, procreate, and to survive. That, is the most basic form of the meaning of life: life exists to further itself, and to attempt to spread an organisms genetics. No god necessary.

Yes, you can expand on it and make it more philosophical, but at the most base level, life is only life because it attempts to spread itself.

To make it philosophical is to reveal it's truth.

You have stated certain necessities of life NOT the meaning.

Post by cthia   » Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:11 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Regarding the Origin of Existence

There are two and only two inherent possibilities.

1 God is responsible.
2 God is not.

God is inherently dealt into the ultimate question.

Only God (as a living entity) has a 50/50 chance.

Since God is the only living being in the running then probability jumps to 100 %.

Post by Spacekiwi   » Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:45 am

Spacekiwi
Admiral

To expound on it philosophically is to expand on the truth, or to further discuss the reason for it being the truth and why, not to say the truth.

cthia wrote:

You have stated certain necessities of life NOT the meaning.[/quote]

Why does the fact that god being living make it 100%? Because his living has no relevance on whether he is true or not, only what form he takes if true. Therefore the chance of him existing is 50/50, while the probability of him existing is currently <<50%.

cthia wrote:

1 God is responsible.
2 God is not.

Since God is the only living being in the running then probability jumps to 100 %.
`

its not paranoia if its justified... :D
Post by cthia   » Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:02 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Spacekiwi wrote:To expound on it philosophically is to expand on the truth, or to further discuss the reason for it being the truth and why, not to say the truth.

cthia wrote:

You have stated certain necessities of life NOT the meaning.

Why does the fact that god being living make it 100%? Because his living has no relevance on whether he is true or not, only what form he takes if true. Therefore the chance of him existing is 50/50, while the probability of him existing is currently <<50%.

cthia wrote:

1 God is responsible.
2 God is not.

I thought that would be obvious.

If two and only two candidates are running for Presidency and one is found dead then the other wins by default.

Post by Grabthar's Hammer   » Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:03 am

Grabthar's Hammer
Lieutenant Commander

Spacekiwi wrote:The meaning of life is simply this: to exist, to expand, procreate, and to survive. That, is the most basic form of the meaning of life: life exists to further itself, and to attempt to spread an organisms genetics. No god necessary.

I've stayed away from this discussion on the grounds that people are going to believe what they want to believe...and nothing is going to stop them.

However your post struck a chord, as it chimes nicely with an opinion I have, which is:

"Life is no more or less than a sexually transmitted disease"

I'll be very surprised, and chagrined if I actually face some consequences for my active disbeliefs in some sort of afterlife...but I can't say 100% that it won't happen. Still, I am of the opinion that what you experience after you die is exactly the same as in the period before you were born - nothing.

I can't prove this - but I don't feel the need to compel others to recant their honestly held beliefs and fall into line with mine, and as long as the same courtesy is extended to me, I'm just peachy.

Still this topic and this debate seem to illustrate the answer to the question:

"Why can't we just get along?"
    ~:~ ~:~ ~:~ ~:~
    "GOLD! - It may not buy happiness, but it can buy you a better state of misery, that's for sure!"
    Count Duckula
    Post by cthia   » Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:27 am

cthia
    Fleet Admiral

Grabthar's Hammer wrote:
    I've stayed away from this discussion on the grounds that people are going to believe what they want to believe...and nothing is going to stop them.

However your post struck a chord, as it chimes nicely with an opinion I have, which is:

"Life is no more or less than a sexually transmitted disease"

I'll be very surprised, and chagrined if I actually face some consequences for my active disbeliefs in some sort of afterlife...but I can't say 100% that it won't happen. Still, I am of the opinion that what you experience after you die is exactly the same as in the period before you were born - nothing.

I can't prove this - but I don't feel the need to compel others to recant their honestly held beliefs and fall into line with mine, and as long as the same courtesy is extended to me, I'm just peachy.

Still this topic and this debate seem to illustrate the answer to the question:

"Why can't we just get along?"

JESUS is a powerful dose of penicillin. Not to be taken with a grain of salt. And with as less food as a mustard seed.

This is a post that sets an example of decency and respect.

Kudos Grabthar, I respect your stance and its delivery.

Post by cthia   » Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:49 am

cthia
    Fleet Admiral

Considering the phrase "Cold as Hell," I've never understood, until now, how Hell could be cold.

Yet God said "Vengeance is mine."

Perhaps revenge really is a dish best served cold.

That makes Hell simultaneously HOT and COLD. Implying a quantum punishment.

Perhaps "where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth" implies a quantum entanglement.

Matthew 18:19 Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

Return to Free-Range Topics...